Inspirations July 22, 2009
Posted by Lauren Cooke in Blogs, Fashion, Inspiration.
Tags: Blogs, Dreams, Fashion, Inspiration, link love, Reading
I sometimes (read: often) lack inspiration. I will wake up one morning and feel blue, feel like I can’t remember my reasons for all the wonderful things I wanted to do. I will forget how to sing and skip. The rain won’t fascinate me, the sun won’t enchant me. I will come home from work and plonk myself down on the sofa, too knackered to complete any of the little tasks I hope and plan to do.
On a normal day plenty of things will inspire me. People around me will have ideas and hopes, plans and suggestions, and I will draw inspiration from them to my hearts content. I will write sparkling blog posts, I will search avidly for freelance, I will plan my projects.
On days like this one, however, I find myself wishing that I had a single guaranteed source of inspiration. A font of endless knowledge and justa little touch of wit! Usually I retreat to reading my favourite blogs and slouching in from of the TV – but I know that there are plenty better ways to explore my world and seek out inspiration. Such as leaving the house and walking, which I like doing in theory but rarely in practise!
Some of my favourite sources of inspiration are these blogs (alongside books, and cakes, and pets, and rain, and smells etc…) – have a read yourself and you will probably understand why!
- The lovely Tania Kindersley. I own this eloquent and wonderful girls book, and currently am nursing a gentle but healthy dose of “I want to be like you”. She is forthright and opinionated and isn’t afraid to admit to getting things wrong.
- Sally at Already Pretty, a lovely blog that sets out to remind its loyal followers that they are pretty and smart and fabulous. And, very often, it succeeds!
- How often does the Freelancer’s Fashionblog get added to a list like this? It is most likely because she is talented and stunning, leading a life many of us would love (but probably couldn’t handle!).
- Small Notebook is my current favourite for snippets of inspiration. Money saving projects, interiors – just a beautiful blog full of beautiful things. It isn’t specifically craft, or anything like that, it inhabits a neat little sector of “something” you can’t quite put your finger on.
- Finally, I am currently loving Nubby Twiglet more thank I have before. Partly because she has somehow made me want to be a typographer, party because she always inspires me to wish for another pair of shoes, and partly because I want her hair! And plenty of other reasons in between!
Tomorrow I will tidy in preparation for the parents visit, I will bake cakes, and I will plan my trip to the haberdashery this weekend! Woop!